There are many reasons why you may need to replace your hoverboard battery. Maybe it has been overcharging, or the charger is not working properly, or it just won’t charge at all. No matter the reason, it is important to know how to replace hoverboard battery. Even though this is pretty simple.
But before replacing old hoverboard batteries we need to understand why hoverboard batteries die.
Why do Hoverboard Batteries Die?
There are several reasons for this. Following are some of the main reasons.
First, most hoverboards use Lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are known for their high energy density and low weight. However, they also have a limited lifespan. Generally, they will last between 300 and 500 charge cycles. So if you’re using your hoverboard every day, you can expect it to last between nine and fifteen months.
Read Also: How Long Does a Hoverboard Take to Charge?
It’s important to note that charging the battery partially (to around 60-70%) can double its lifespan, as doing so reduces stress on the battery. Also, you should never drain your hoverboard battery completely before recharging.
Second, some other reasons for a shorter-than-expected hoverboard battery life are riding in extreme weather conditions, improper storage, and using an unauthorized charger.
So now that we know some of the reasons why hoverboard batteries die, let’s take a look at how to replace them.
Replacing a hoverboard battery is actually pretty simple. All you need is a screwdriver and a new battery.
First, remove the screws from the bottom of the hoverboard. This will give you access to the battery compartment.
Then, take out the old battery and replace it with the new one. Make sure the connectors are properly aligned, and then reattach the screws.
Finally, reconnect the hoverboard to its charger and let it charge for one hour.
Keep in mind that if your replacement battery came with a protective film on top of the cells, you should leave this film on until after you’ve completed the charging process. Once plugged into your wall socket, your device will begin to automatically turn off as it charges.
If the replacement battery you bought didn’t come with a protective film, but your old one did, you should get rid of it before using the new battery.
So there you go, that’s how to replace hoverboard battery. The entire process should take no more than five minutes if you know what you’re doing. And even if this is your first time replacing a hoverboard battery, it shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes.
How to Select New Hoverboard Battery – Step By Step Guide
Selecting a new hoverboard battery is not difficult at all. Just follow these simple steps and you will be able to find the right one for your needs:
1. Decide on the brand of hoverboard you have. This will determine which batteries are compatible with your device.
2. Choose the battery size. There are many sizes to choose from, so make sure you select the right one.
3. Find your replacement battery on any eCommerce website.
4. Check out reviews of new batteries before making a purchase. This will help you ensure that you’re getting a quality product.
5. Once the new battery arrives, follow the instructions on how to install it.
6. Charge the battery for at least an hour before using your hoverboard again.
Replacing a hoverboard battery can be a daunting task, but following these simple steps will make the process much easier.
How to Dispose off Old Hoverboard Battery?
Proper disposal of old hoverboard batteries is important to protect the environment and to keep people safe. Here are a few tips on how to properly dispose of your old battery:
1. Find a recycling center that specializes in batteries. Many local recycling centers will accept batteries, but not all of them do. So it’s important to call them up and ask before you drop off your batteries.
2. Look for safety information online to make sure they know how to properly recycle batteries in their facility.
3. If there are no local facilities that accept old hoverboard batteries, the next best option is to contact your city’s sanitation department about recycling options near you. Even if your city doesn’t have a specific recycling program for batteries, they may be able to help you find a facility that does.
4. If all else fails, you can always try to mail your old batteries to a recycling center. Just make sure you package them properly so they don’t get damaged in transit.
Here are a few common questions about replacing hoverboard battery:
Q: How long will a new battery last?
A: A new battery should last for about 300-500 charge cycles.
Q: How can I extend the life of my hoverboard battery?
A: By charging it partially (to around 60-70%), you can double its lifespan. You should also never drain your hoverboard battery completely before recharging.
Q: My hoverboard battery isn’t charging. What can I do?
A: First, try charging it for a full hour. If that doesn’t work, try using a different charger. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the battery.
Q: Is there a way to maintain my hoverboard battery?
A: Yes, you can simply keep it charged between 20 and 80 percent. Do not drain the power completely before recharging.
Q: My hoverboard is turning off as soon as I turn it on. What should I do?
A: First, make sure that your charger is connected properly and the charging port works. If this doesn’t work, try using a different charger. If that doesn’t do the trick, your battery may be dead and you will need to replace it.
Q: How do I know if my hoverboard battery is dead?
A: When you connect your hoverboard to its charger, the red lights should turn on. But if all of the lights flash like a strobe light and your device won’t turn on, then that means that your battery is probably dead. You can also take it to any authorized dealer and they will be able to do a diagnosis.
Q: I just got a new battery but it doesn’t work. What should I do?
A: Make sure that the connectors are properly aligned, and then reattach the screws. Finally, reconnect the hoverboard to its charger and let it charge for one hour. If it still doesn’t work, you may need to replace your motherboard.
That’s how to replace hoverboard battery. It should only take about five minutes and there’s no need to be worried about doing something wrong since it’s a fairly simple job. So, good luck and have fun replacing your hoverboard battery!